The Florence County Library Teen Services Department has begun our 2016 Summer Reading program. Using the theme “Get in the Game: Read,” which focuses on gaming, physical fitness, and sports, programs will promote reading and learning in various styles. We will be hosting a gaming day with the Florence RedWolves on June 16 from 2:00-4:00. Players from the RedWolves baseball team will be joining teens to play card, board, and video games. Teens are welcome to drop in or stay the entire two hours. This program is FREE and open to all rising 6th through 12th graders. Summer Reading 2016 is funded by: Duke Energy Foundation, The Friends of Florence County Library System, FBi Construction, Hotel Florence, Andy Jeffords (Allstate Insurance Company), Koppers, Dr. D. Moss, Nan Ya Plastics, Nationwide: Hodge, Ethridge Insurance and Finance LLC, South Carolina State Library & Institute of Museum and Library Service, Jim Stewart (State Farm), Target, and Wilcox, Buyck, & Williams, P.A.
Please check out the library’s website to see all activities this summer or call 843-292-7382 for any questions.
Teen Summer Reading
The Teen Services Department of the Florence County Library will be hosting our Summer Reading programs at our Florence, Johnsonville, Lake City, Pamplico, and Timmonsville branches this summer for rising 6th through 12th graders. The theme for this year’s Summer Reading is “Get in the Game: Read” and pertains to gaming of all kinds and physical fitness. Programs have been planned to support this theme.
Programs at the branches are as follows:
Pamplico Library (Mondays at 3:00)
(Sponsored by the Friends of the Pamplico Public Library)
- June 20-Basket Craft (Part 1)
- June 27-Basket Craft (Part 2)
- July 4-LIBRARY CLOSED
- July 11-Board Games
- July 18-Craft Day
Contact 493-5441 to register or for questions.
Timmonsville Library (Tuesdays at 3:30)
(Sponsored by the Friends of the Timmonsville Public Library)
- June 14-Rope a Book with Keith Bomar
- June 21-Bike Safety with Dorothy Crosby
- June 28-Fire Safety with Howe Springs Fire Dept.
- July 5-Movie: Star Wars the Force Awakens
- July 12-Pizza Party *by invitation only*
Contact 346-2941 to register or for questions.
Johnsonville Library (Wednesdays at 3:00)
(Sponsored by the Friends of the Johnsonville Public Library)
- June 15-Wrapped in Geek
- June 22-Demigods & Olympians
- June 29-It’s Hip to Be Square
- July 6-Movie: Mockingjay, Part 2
- July 13-Kinect Pizza Party
Contact 386-2052 to register or for questions.
Lake City Library (Thursdays at 12:00)
(Sponsored by the Friends of the Lake City Public Library)
- June 16-Gaming: Lake City High School Football Team
- June 23-Taekwondo with Maurice Bailey
- June 30-Activity with Kristin O’Hara (Moore Farms Botanical Garden)
- July 7-Physical Education with Roosevelt Bryant (Life Change Fitness Center)
- July 14-Pizza Party *by invitation only*
Contact 394-8071 to register or for questions.
Florence County Library (Thursdays at 3:30)
(Sponsored by The Friends of the Florence County Library System, FBi Construction, Hotel Florence, Andy Jeffords (Allstate Insurance Co.), Koppers, Dr. D. Moss, Nan Ya Plastics, Nationwide: Hodge, Ethridge Insurance and Finance, LLC., Jim Stewart (State Farm), Target, and Wilcox, Buyck & Williams, P.A.)
- June 9 (2:00-4:00)-Retro Gaming with Matt’s Game Exchange
- June 16 (2:00-4:00)-Gaming Day with Florence RedWolves
- June 23-Stretching & Meditation
- June 30-Self-Defense
- July 7-Movie
- July 14-Craft Day
Movies will be shown to rising 6th through 12th graders on Tuesdays at 2:00 at the Florence County Library on June 14, June 21, June 28, July 5, and July 12. Movies are rated PG-13.
Contact 292-7382 to register or for questions.
For more information, please contact Teen’s Services @
Phone (843) 413.7083 | E-mail email@example.com